- Kevin Sullivan, Owner/Director of the AML Training Academy spent 21 years in law enforcement with the New York State Police.
- After starting out in uniform patrol, Kevin was promoted to Investigator and worked in an undercover narcotics detail where he was first exposed to money laundering.
- From there he went to a squad that handled major crimes where he cut his teeth on financial crimes. Subsequently he was assigned to the FBI led Hudson Valley White Collar Crimes Task Force.
- Kevin eventually spent his last 8 years assigned to the New York HIFCA (High Intensity Financial Crimes Area) of the ICE led El Dorado Task Force in Manhattan where he was the state money laundering coordinator. El Dorado is a multi-agency law enforcement unit that is one of the largest anti-money laundering task forces in the world consisting of members from the FBI, ICE, US Secret Service, DEA, Postal Inspectors, NYPD, NYSP, Manhattan DA and US Attorney. High profile organized crime and terrorist financing was the usual case load with intelligence gathered from SAR review teams (every SAR filed with a nexus to New York was read), field investigations and special projects.
- Kevin’s training also includes a Master’s degree in Economic Crime Management from Utica College of Syracuse University, a Micro-MBA from the University of Buffalo, Leadership Program from Cornell University, and certifications as a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and an Anti-Money Laundering Professional (AMLP).
- Kevin was the founding co-chair of the NY chapter of ACAMS and the current chairman of the Educational Task Force. Kevin also teaches the ACAMS exam prep course and the Train the Trainer course for ACAMS.
- Kevin taught at the New York State Police Academy and was one of the lead instructors for the ICE initiative, Operation Cornerstone.